Janome Skyline S5 Quilting Machine - (9mm HS)
Skyline S5 (9mm) | Quilting Machine
This machine has been designed for every type of sewing - every day, home décor, high fashion, patchwork and quilting. The Skyline-S5 has a 310mm long arm (over 12") with 210mm of work area to the right of the needle and an arm space of 120mm ( 4.7") high giving you plenty of room to cope with those bigger projects. With a great range of 170 stitches including a choice of ten styles of buttonholes plus an alphabet, the SkylineS5 offers creativity on every sewing project. Just flip up the top cover on the machine to view the huge variety of 9mm wide stitch styles available. The stitch quality is excellent even at speeds of 1000spm whilst the special built-in features will help you cope with almost any sewing challenge. Pivot on corners with the needle up/down feature, control the maximum sewing speed for precision work, trim off threads with the built-in automatic thread cutter, thread the needle automatically, whatever you need to make sewing easier, the Skyline S5 is the machine for you.
- Machine Size - W504 x H316 x D236mm
- Work Space - 8" or 210mm to right of needle
- Free Arm - 8" or 205mm
- Embossed Measures - the sewing bed has embossed measurements in mm & inches
- Machine Screen - bright backlit LCD touch screen includes stylus
- Quick Reference Stitch Chart - in lid of machine
- Easy Stitch Selection - Easy touch selection panel including stitch function/editing buttons
- Sewing Speed - 60 to 1000 stitches per minute
- Stitches - 170 built-in stitches + lettering, over 6 modes
- Buttonholes - 10 different styles of auto one-step buttonhole
- Stitch Width - up to 9mm
- Stitch Length - up to 5mm
- Stitch Elongation - satin stitches can be elongated up to 5 times longer than the original stitch size
- Mirror Imaging - individual stitches + stitches in a stitch combination can be mirror imaged
- Startover - the startover key resets the stitch to the beginning. Great for decorative stitches and stitch combinations
- Set Menu - customise the machine settings via the Set Menu
- Fonts - 1 font (Block in English, European and Cyrillic + 9mm Capital letters & numbers)
- Drop Feed - Yes
- Superior Plus Feed System - 7 piece feed dog; no more fabric slipping, puckering and shifting
- Foot Pressure Dial - 7 levels
- Needle Threader - built-in, easy to use
- Easy Change Needle Plate - no more screws, the needle plate is easily removed by pressing a lever, then attach Straight Stitch Needle Plate which comes standard with the bobbin cover plate attached
- Needle Plate - has patented needle plate markings for precision sewing with needle drop position, angle marks and sewing guides in front of the sewing foot for perfect placement
- Easy-Set-Bobbin - yes
- Needle Positions - 91
- Thread Cutter - automatic programmable thread cutter; cuts top & bobbin thread at the same time, pulling top thread to the underside of the fabric. Also, manual thread cutter on machine face plate
- Easy Bobbin Winder - Yes with 5 cutters on base plate
- Stop/Start Button - can sew without foot control
- Needle Up/Down - you can set this function in the Set Menu. Default setting is down.
- Auto Lock-off Stitch Function - locks off your stitching at the push of a button, no more unravelled threads
- Lock Button - a safely function which locks the machine, should be activated when threading, changing the needle, changing the sewing foot or changing over needleplates.
- Reverse Button - able to sew in reverse, this function is not available on all stitches
- Lighting - 6 LED lights in 3 locations to illuminate your work area
- Adjustable Knee Lifter - adjust the angle position to suit you. The knee lifter raises/lowers the attached foot
- Storage - in the compartment under the machine lid also in the extension table front and back compartments
- Machine Ports - 1 External Port for optional thread cutter switch
- Carry Handle - long handle slots neatly on the top of machine
- Foot Control - electronic
- Internal Frame - rigid die-cast aluminium frame for stable sewing at high speeds
- Machine Weight - 10.2Kg
- Zigzag foot A
- Rolled hem foot D
- Zipper foot E
- Satin stitch foot F
- Blind hem foot G
- Quilting bar L
- Overcast foot M
- 1/4 inch seam foot O
- Darning foot PD-H
- Automatic buttonhole foot R
- Buttonhole stabilizer plate
- Button sewing foot T
- Even feed foot with guide
- Adjustable knee lifter
- Screwdriver (large)
- Large spool holder x 2
- Small spool holder x 2
- Special spool holder x 2
- Seam ripper
- Extra spool pin
- Lint brush (small)
- Touch panel stylus
- Set of Janome Needles
- 5 Janome Plastic Bobbins
- Straight stitch needle plate
- Power cord
- Electronic foot control
- Semi-hard fabric machine cover
- Instructional DVD
- Instruction Book
Code No. Name Description
200-445-007 Bobbin holder for free quilting and hand-look stitching
202-080-006 Hemmer foot (6mm) (D1)
202-081-007 Hemmer foot 4 mm (D2) – 9mm
202-082-008 Buttonhole foot (B) – 9mm
202-083-009 Straight stitch foot (ST) – 9mm
202-084-000 Border guide foot (FB) – 9mm
202-085-001 3-way cording foot (H) – 9mm
202-086-002 Applique foot (AP) – 9mm
202-087-003 Ditch quilting foot (S) – 9mm
202-088-004 Piping foot (I) – 9mm
202-089-005 Clear view quilting foot and guide set (OV) – 9mm
202-090-009 Ribbon/sequin foot (RS) – 9mm
202-091-000 Ultra glide foot (U) – 9mm
202-093-002 Pintucking foot – wide (N1) – 9mm
202-094-003 Pintucking foot-narrow(N2)-9mm
202-095-004 Ruffler (RF) 9mm
202-096-005 Gathering foot (V) – 9mm
202-097-006 Beading foot – narrow (L1) – 9mm
202-098-007 Beading foot – wide (L2) – 9mm
202-099-008 Binder foot (W) – 9mm
202-100-003 Edge stitch foot (SE) 9mm
202-110-006 Free-motion couching foot (FMC) 9mm
202-130-002 Optic magnifier
202-135-007 Circular Sewing Attachment – 9mm ESB
202-144-009 Concealed zipper foot (Z) 9mm
858-418-008 Remote thread cutting switch unit
859-429-005 Spool stand (2 threads)
859-430-009 Spool stand (5 threads)
Note: Images used are for illustrative purposes only.
With high-end machines, please allow up to 10 working days for delivery.
Click on the brochure below for more information.
Hobbysew Guarantee and Manufacturer's Warranty:
A refund, exchange or credit may apply if goods*:
- Are proven faulty
- Have been wrongly described
- Different from what was advertised
Receipt as proof of purchase must be provided.
For more read the comprehensive Terms and Conditions.
Please choose carefully as we do not give refunds for:
- Change of mind
- Make a wrong decision
*Excludes all software and patterns due to copyright.
Public Holiday 12 June 2017
All orders placed on or after the 9th of June will be processed and delivered after the 13th of June 2017.
$9.95 Flat Rate for all orders under $250* to anywhere in Australia.
NOTE: Please provide a residential or work postal address as we do not ship to PO Boxes. If you are located in a remote area, please provide an alternative shipping address within the nearest town centre as a signature is required on delivery.
Please note, all deliveries from Hobbysew will require a signature upon delivery.
*Excludes Koala Studios Furniture and Tailormade Furniture.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: We deliver to AUSTRALIAN addresses only (No PO Boxes*). No international shipping and delivery. Apologies for the inconvenience.
*Exceptions apply depending on location such as very remote areas and mining sites.